SAP EDI SD Analyst, end user, on-site. My client is a global end user organization looking for an operational Analyst in New York. Ideally they are looking for candidates with at least 5 years of SAP SD experience and knowledge in EDI.
Application Manager, EDI
New York City | United States | Full-time
In a fast and frequently changing retail environment, the organization is searching for an ambitious, curious Application Manager, EDI (system analyst) to support business growth and provide state of the art systems & applications.
The Application Manager, EDI will have a technical background and experience with SAP Sales & Distribution (SD) module, Order Management, EDI business processes and workflows. In this role, you will coordinate, manage, and perform EDI trading partner set up and service activities but also develop problem solutions and be involved in test management, knowledge management and knowledge transfer.
What you can expect:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the design and requirement gathering of EDI trading partner set up
- Leads implementation of EDI projects; defines and documents project scopes, deliverables, testing and scheduling
- Focus on analysis, design and development specifications for enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces
- Liaison between internal business units, trading partners and EDI developers for testing in SAP AFS Sales & Distribution (SD), SAP Retail, and implementation support
- Monitor IT operations, orchestrate service activities, manage escalations
- Track and manage incidents and problems
- Perform problem related root cause analysis and develop problem solutions
- Preparation of documentation (Knowledge Base articles) for support activities
- Collaboration management; organize and coordinate the cooperation between regional business and global IT teams
- Task force management
- Continuous refreshment and expansion of your own know-how in the defined area of responsibility
- Train operational specialist regarding - release upgrades, continues improvements, new tools and functions
- Leading projects and/or release related test management. Define test cases with business and IT specialists, prepare test data, perform T-Test and coordinate UATs with businesses
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science from an accredited college or university (or a similar education)
- Minimum of 5 years business experience in a similar role supporting business solutions using Converting Platforms, Sales & Distribution (SD) module
- Well-funded technical knowledge considering different EDI messages (like 810, 832, 856, etc.)
- A good understanding of business processes ideally EDI trading partner set up and wholesale workflows
- Basic understanding of Idoc/ALE
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to prioritize and manage commitments and adjust to changing priorities
- Analytical, independent, structured, and careful work attitude, as well as organizational talent and assertiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Speaking other languages like German, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.